Sunday, November 15, 2009

October Events

This is another catch-up post, picking up from where I left off after the September Events post. Here's the update from all the events I coordinated and/or attended in October!

1. October 2nd: I collaborated with VMG to plan and produce Total Health Care's 40th Anniversary Fundraiser at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront (BMW). The event theme was Old Hollywood Oscar Night with all the glitz and glamor -- we had actors as paparazzi, Joan Rivers on the Red Carpet, President Obama and First Lady Michelle (complete with a Secret Service detail), and LIVE Oscar statues. It was such a successful and memorable night! The BMW is one of the premier venues in Baltimore, Maryland -- check it out for your next special event! (I'll share additional pictures once I receive them from the photographer).


2. October 6th: I went on a FAM tour to visit all the Prince George's County Parks & Rec venues. I visited Newton Mansion, The PG Ballroom, Oxon Hill Manor, and many more wonderful sites. These venues are rich in history, have beautifully manicured grounds, and are terrific alternatives to typical hotel venues in the Baltimore/Washington area.

I attended a second FAM tour to visit all the Annapolis Area & Anne Arundel County facilities as well. Again, these venues are spectacular and typically more affordable alternatives to hotel venues. They are great venues for weddings, corporate events, and more!

3. October 21st: I went to New York City for the Biz-Bash Trade Show. The event was fabulous! I was able to gain lots of interesting insights on New York venues and vendors for destination events. I also got to see the Bidpal in action -- an innovative tool for those fundraisers!

4. October 22nd: I attended the Harvest Festival Event at the Strathmore in Rockville, Maryland. This is another unique space to consider for your next event. The Mansion and the Art Center are fabulous sites!


5. October 29th: I wanted to share some pictures from my DC ISES Halloween Party. It was held at the National Crime and Punishment Museum in Washington, DC -- how appropriate a venue for the occasion! The hauted house was amazing and truly scary for those of us who scare easily. It was a blast! By the way, that's me in the jailbird costume!

6. October 30th: I attended a very emotional speaking event by motivational speaker The Scary Guy; and yes, "Scary Guy" is his legal name! His speech was absolutely phenomenal and I had to stuggle to fight back some tears. He is truly passionate about his cause -- bullying, violence, and hate crimes among youth -- which we all need to be ambassadors to. Please take a moment to visit his website: www.thescaryguy.com

7. October 31st: Halloween! Here are some family Trick-or-Treating photos I couldn't resist sharing!


Next, I'll post my events from early November and I'll have you all caught up!

No comments: