Sunday, November 15, 2009

September Events

It's always nice to hear from my readers, and for those of you whom I have met and asked when my next post was coming... here it is! I will begin where I left off in the previous post to get you all updated on what I have bee doing. For those who follow me on Twitter, here are some pictures to match up with all those updates you've been reading!

I've linked all the venues' websites in case you would like to check them out to host one of your future events!

1. September 15th: ISES hosted our "back from summer" party at the newly renovated W Hotel -- a beautiful venue! The view of Washington, DC from the rooftop is breathtaking! The party was a lot of fun and it was nice to see everyone again.

2. September 17th: I attended the Encore Event at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, DC. Here are some pictures I managed to snag:

3. September 22nd: I attended a food tasting at the Caribbean Caterer's in Rockville, Maryland. The food was delicious -- a traditional wedding dinner prepared with authentic Caribbean spices. My favorites were the mini beef patty appetizers followed by their macaroni pie! Consider them for your next wedding or social event! They also partner with The Shadow Chef for events that do not need a wait staff and for orders to-go.

4. September 23rd: I went to a networking event hosted by Wedding Planner/Event Manager Linnyette Richardson-Hall (you may have seen her on Who's Wedding Is It Anyways?), at the Si Salsa -- a beautiful hidden gem in Pikesville, Marlyand. It was a lot of fun and a much needed break. The food was delicious and I won a beautiful chili pepper/carnation floral centerpiece:

5. September 28th: Unveiling of the new Tanzania Embassy Chancery in Washingtong, DC by the President of Tanzania, His Excelleny President Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete. Not only did I plan this unveiling ceremony in two weeks, but also furnished and decorated the fifth floor to simulate the ambassador's office, conference, and reception room since the building was not complete. Needless to say, with such short notice and all the protocals to adhere to, it was a challeneging yet fun event to plan and it turned out to be a great success. My client was very happy, and as a planner, that is always the greatest satisfaction. I couldn't have done it with out my truly amazing vendors who always come through for me no matter what!


Next post will be an update of all the October events!

No comments: